Flow – The life of your data
From when you create it to when it gets archived try to identify your data cycle and opportunities to use information technology to improve the process. Collaboration technologies such as Microsoft Lync, Microsoft Exchange, and Microsoft SharePoint offer very interesting technologies to efficiently move your data around until it matures. Many alternative solutions exist including software as a service (SaaS) options such as Google Business Apps.
Questions to Consider:
- How do you communicate with your vendors, your accountant, or bookkeeper?
- Do you have business resources such as vehicles or board rooms that need to be booked by staff and have usage data available for reporting?
- Do shared contacts and calendars offer your business any advantages?
- Do you need to be able to search other email boxes in the company?
- Do your voicemails need to go to your email as an attachment?
- Are there meetings or conferences you need to attend that are not geographically convenient that you could use video conferencing for?
- Do you need access to your production data from multiple locations?
- Do you want your email and calendar on your phone and on your laptop and on your desktop at the office?
- Do you need someone on your team to be able to see and edit your calendar or vice versa?