Elements of a diverse workplace
- The most successful organizations focus on embedding the principles of diversity in their culture and management systems. These organizations truly value diversity and recognize it in the way they do business. Having a cohesive and diversified workforce allows for critical assessment and decision making that has proven to grow businesses.
- Content will include ways of implementing a diverse workforce, assessing and sustaining a diverse work environment, and various other resources on the benefits and cons of being diversified.
- Human rights is fundamentally one of the most important aspects of working in a company. Yet, most conflicts concerning human rights occur in the workplace! To ensure no discrimination, existence of equality, and having an inclusive workforce is used, respect of human rights is a must for any business.
- Content will include various Acts set by the Canadian government in regulating employee rights in the workforce, articles on violations and consequences of discrimination, and various resources to demonstrate the significance of practicing such legislation in Canada.
Source: hrcouncil.ca, Date retrieved: August,07,2014
Diversity for Business Growth
- Business growth over the past decade has changed significantly to new scopes including have a higher degree of societal and workforce diversity. With this changing environment comes the responsibility of companies and organizations to build company culture, productivity creativity, and innovation. Such objectives require a strong and diverse field of perspectives that can each contribute something new to the company.
- This component will include various elements of business growth drivers in the 21st century, articles of incorperating diversity in decision making, and various resources to measure and sustain business growth.
Source: mbdgroup.com, Date retrieved: August, 7,2014.
Inclusiveness and Supportive Workplace
- Any companies mission and vision are vital areas that direct the business forward. The success of the such directions are determined by the workforce and degree of cohesiveness that would enable a support framework around goals and objectives. Further, successful engagement and retention of diverse talent is primarily determined by how well your workforce is inclusive and supportive.
- Content will include processes in having a inclusive and supportive workforce, articles on programs and policies set by local businesses that practice inclusion, and other resources showing results obtained from having such elements in the workforce.
Source: hrcouncil.ca, Data retrieved: August,7,2014.